Early Monday morning, we received an email from PechaKucha HQ in Tokyo with the very exciting news that PechaKucha X and Springfield, MO will be featured for a whole week on the front page of the worldwide PechaKucha website!
This is the week leading up to PechaKucha Night vol. 10, or PechaKucha X – idea eXploration, and you can read about some of our concepts behind the poster design on the international blog. On Saturday, July 6 at 8:30 p.m., it will be the first PechaKucha held at the ideaXfactory, 351 N. Boonville at the corner of Mill Street and Boonville.
Featured presenters will be:
- Kyle Scheele, Youth Motivational Speaker and creator of Ridiculo.us
- Jessi and Eric Honeycutt, Center for Urban Sustainability
- Meredith Burstin, Gifted Resource Teacher at Phelps Center for Gifted Education speaking on R2D2 Robotics Team
- Paper Airplanes Zine Library
- Justin Gault, working artist
- Keith Ekstam, professor of ceramics at Missouri State University
The event will be held during the Contemporary Art Street Jam going on July 5-6. Before PechaKucha on Saturday there will be Live Art street painting, MSU and Drury collaborative raku firings, hands-on bubble art painting, build a robot sculpture and zine making. Just before and after PechaKucha X, we’ll have some great music from local indie bands in the grass outside the ideaXfactory. Bring a blanket or camp chair, grab something yummy to eat from the Aviary Food Truck, and enjoy a full evening!